Sunday, December 13, 2009

Phil Mickelson #1?

When I predicted Phil Mickelson would pass Tiger as the #1 golfer in the world next year, I did not know at the time that Tiger would default! So let's forget Tiger for now. Who will challenge Phil in 2010 for the Number One spot?

The PGA Tour currently lists Steve Stricker as the #3 player in the world. I like Steve. I agree with Johnny Miller that Steve's lack of a wrist break on his back swing keeps his swing simple and consistent.

The PGA lists Lee Westwood as currently the #4 player in the world. I do not agree with this assessment! I have never liked Westwood's swing. Too much jerkiness. And he can't putt under pressure.

Padraig Harington is presently #5, and this is a good pick for 2010 in my opinion. Padraig is like a stubborn bulldog who will not let go when he is contending.

Who do you think will move up in the standings in 2010, and be #1 by the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment