Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What caused Tiger's Marriage problems?

I hate to continue dwelling on Tiger Woods' personal life, but he and Elin need professional help with their personal lives. Once the press gets ahold on a famous sports figure, they don't let up.

In Tiger's defense, I have "been there, done that!" I'm not famous, of course. I'm just a "+2" handicap father who had thoughts of giving the Senior PGA Tour a try, but I decided to raise two fantastic sons instead. Their mother and I divorced, because she critiqued my business endeavors so frequently that I felt as if I didn't have her support. I remember taking Dale Carnegie's sales class in college, where he argued that if a woman insists that a man put his wife ahead of his career, it usually ends in divorce. On the other hand, if she supports her husband, he will put her on a pedestal.

If Elin has put pressure on Tiger by insisting he cut back on his businesses to be with her, some of the blame for their problems could be placed on her. That would explain Tiger's strange absense from so many tournaments during the weeks preceding the late-night car crash.

What is your opinion? What do you think caused Tiger and Elin's marriage problems? Is Tiger just a plain old cheat or does it take two to keep a marriage strong?

3 comments:

  1. It definately takes both parties to keep a marriage going but I think that Tiger is soley to blame for the recent events. The fact that he did not consider his children makes him the bad guy plus the fact that he has a stable of women one phone call away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a world of difference between supporting your husband and turning a blind eye to his multiple affairs - Tiger is like the majority of mega-sports stars who have been BMOC since high school and have an immense ego - I love Tiger, watching him play and all his successes - He has been very savy and discrete up to now - Hope he can focus on golf in time for the start of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I don't understand is why Tiger didn't just have an open relationship. Lots of people are doing it these days. That way, there is no temptation to lie to one's partner. Surely an eligible batchelor such as he could have done so.

    ReplyDelete