Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jerry Rice To Try Professional Golf?

Have you heard that former football star Jerry Rice is planning to give the PGA Tour a try?

I'm sorry, but this is not the first time a former star from a sport outside of golf has thought he can play professional golf competitively. I remember when basketball star Michael Jordan thought he could compete in the United States Amateur Championship a few years ago.

Amateurs have to be a "2" handicap or better to enter the U.S. Amateur. Jordan signed up to play, and I don't believe he broke 80 at the first level of competition.

I would like to hear from anyone who thinks Jerry Rice has a snowball's chance in "H*$#" of making the cut in any Nationwide tournament.

2 comments:

  1. 3 more years until he is eligable for the senior tour. I'm sure he could compete with Freddie Couples..HA! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA. I love what Anonymous said. Very funny. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Jerry Rice can cut it. Won't be surprised if he doesn't.

    ReplyDelete