Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Troubled Sergio Garcia?

I was watching the Zurich Classic of New Orleans on TV today, and the commentators were talking about why Sergio Garcia went from the #2 golfer in the world to #29 in the last three years. They agreed it was his attitude.

Sergio no longer enjoys playing golf. His temper shows on almost every shot. He rarely smiles when playing in a tournament. One commentator mentioned that Sergio looks like he has troubles off the course, which will effect his play on the course.

I immediately wondered if Sergio had woman troubles. Then I was reminded of last July when I was watching Tiger's play in the Open Championship on Friday, the day he missed the cut. He was cussing more than usual, and throwing clubs. I jokingly told my brother that Tiger must be having woman troubles. Little did any of us know that by November his world of women troubles would come down around his ears.

Sergio isn't married, is he? But he could be having trouble with someone he is dating, right? I don't know who he has been dating lately, but it would not surprise me if he is having girl problems.

Does anyone know what his personal life is all about these days?

4 comments:

  1. CARLA BELLA DAY SPA, BRECKSVILLE, OHIOApril 25, 2010 at 5:47 AM

    HE MUST NOT BE GETTING ENOUGH MASSAGES! MAYBE HE SHOULD TAKE A LITTLE MORE "ME TIME" AND SPEND MORE TIME AT THE SPA! SOUNDS GREAT TO ME! CARLA BELLA DAY SPA 440-526-9777

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could sell Sergio some of my lag in the golf swing. I took a lesson to try to get more consistency out of my scoring going from hitting a great drive only to top the ball or skull it into the trees. Sergio still operates with the same swing and could get away with it when he was younger but not now. Also too his putting was much better when he was younger but as time has marched on it has only gotten worse. I think too he is not getting any where near the booty that Tiger is getting and is very resentful that his old hoes are now boinking Tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with sideswiped. Sergio's game really has slipped. Clearly his attitude may have something to do with this. You're quite right to point this out, Pete. Still, it could just be that the guy's past his prime, too. Carla's also got a point. Maybe Sergio does need to just chill out. It must be really stressful getting so close to the top (as he did a couple years ago) and then falling so quickly into mediocrity. Maybe Sergio should follow Tiger's example and become Budhist. A little meditation would probably do him some good. Course, massages are great, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete