Thursday, April 29, 2010

Phil Woke Up in a Pool of his Own Vomit?

Yesterday was a very strange day for me. I agreed to give one company an option to buy PROBE GOLF (www.probegolf.com) from me, I received an email from my publisher regarding my final option to make changes to my first novel, LOVE WAS NOT ENOUGH, before they went to print, and I heard Phil Michelson on the television tell the press that it was a good omen when he woke up in a pool of his own vomit that morning!

Where to start!

OK, I retired from making the world's best custom fit irons at PROBE GOLF in 1996. And we had sold 120,000 of the world's best putter (the world's only inverted-shafted putter), the PROBE 20/20, by 1996.

And after I had lost my best friend and soul mate five times in sixteen years while running PROBE GOLF, I decided to write a book about it, LOVE WAS NOT ENOUGH, for the therapeutic help which I desperately needed at the time?

But Phil waking up in a puddle of his own vomit? And that was a good omen to him?

In his own words, "I'm not feeling well, but when I woke up in a pool of my own vomit this morning, it was a good omen. The last two times that happened to me, I won both tournaments!"

Like I said, it was a strange day to say the least.

Let's concentrate on Phil. How many times yesterday during the first round of the Quail Hollow Championship did we see Phil hit a shot, then head for the forest to lean over a bush?

Tournament golf must be much harder than it was in my day. Both Phil and Tiger only hit four fairways each yesterday. Phil bogied the last two holes to shoot two under par, while Tiger shot two over par.

Let us all watch round two today, and hope the day is more conventional. At least for my purposes I hope the day is closer to normal.

My emotions are having enough of a problem recovering from foot surgery last week, with three pins in my right foot. An unemotional day watching regular golf will be a welcome change.

And who will shoot the lowest score for 72 holes this week, Phil or Tiger? Do you think one of them will win at Quail Hollow?

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. Like how you started this blog. The comment about sitting down with your lap top and Vicodin is funny.

    ReplyDelete