Sunday, June 6, 2010

After the Memorial tournament, I'm still shocked at Mickelson.


I hope you enjoyed the Memorial over the weekend as much as I did. The two players I hoped would win finished first and second.

I knew Tiger would struggle, and he did, but he seems to be getting the demons relating to his personal life out of his head. Tiger should contend at the U.S. Open in two weeks.

And Phil Mickelson struggled at the Memorial as I predicted he would with his putter, and somewhat with his driver, the two most important clubs in the bag, and more importantly the clubs he is not free to change due to his contract with Callaway.

I mentioned a week ago that I had the idea of offering Phil the chance to try my PROBE 20/20 putter, which is the only putter I know of that is designed to allow the player to plan how the tough, short breaking putts will break, instead of guessing how they will break.

Then I learned what an ass Phil's lawyer (agent) is, and of his threatening emails to me if I even think of introducing myself to Phil, and letting him try my putter!

The good news from that experience is that I have decided to start up PROBE GOLF once again, and reintroduce the PROBE 20/20 to the golf industry, and the new PROBE 20/10. After selling all of the 120,000 PROBE 20/20 putters we manufactured, and then retiring, it will be exciting to show tour players once again how my putter will make them better putters on the fast greens on tour.

I'd like to make a prediction for the upcoming U.S. Open at Pebble Beach at this time. I seems that every TV commentator this last week has said Phil will be impossible to beat in two weeks. How many times has he won at Pebble?

I'm going to predict that if he stays with his Odyssey (Callaway) putter, and his Callaway driver, he will not win the Open. There is no reason he would change either, because he can't. Callaway owns Phil Mickelson.

I also predict that Phil's legacy to the game of golf will be that he allowed endorsement money to interfere with his goal of winning more majors. He will be the greatest player not to win a decent number of majors because he put endorsement money ahead of tour prize money and major wins!

I have limited time today to expand this topic, but I will address it more thoroughly tomorrow, including my own personal experience with past tour players putting endorsement money ahead of victories, to their dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment