Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dustin Johnson right on track to win!

Last Wednesday I predicted Dustin Johnson would win this week's U.S, Open. I also mentioned why Phil Mickelson would not win, and why Tiger Woods would come close, but not quite win!

Tiger's back nine on Saturday gave us a sampling of what is to come right around the corner. When he tasted on the back nine at Pebble yesterday what it was like to be contending once again, he got that old competitive look in his eye that is the look of Tiger Woods.

Look out Open Championship at St. Andrews; Tiger is back. But not quite in time for the U.S. Open.

Johnny Miller would like to see some nervousness in Dustin's eyes Sunday morning, because "no one can remain calm at the U.S, Open." I hope Dustin does not begin to believe what the media will be trying to tell him overnight, that he should not remain calm when he is leading the U.S. Open. I hope Johnny isn't trying to jinx Dustin deliberately.

Even if Tiger makes a charge early on Sunday, playing in front of Dustin, I do not expect Dustin Johnson to give in to any pressure and fall back.

You Tiger fans, don't be stupid, expecting your man to rattle the heads of the rest of the field. Tiger is five shots behind Dustin, and that is too much for Tiger to overcome unless Dustin gets rattled, and I do not think that will happen.

I'm looking forward to watching today's round, because I expect most of the Tiger fans to think Tiger can rattle Dustin, and pass him. I do not think that will happen. I picked Dustin from the start, when most others picked Phil or Tiger to win.

I'm sticking with Dustin, and expect he will not only survive the lead, but will add to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment