Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back from "Vacation"!

I can't really call my absence from writing my blog a vacation, but things have been hectic for the last six days. My oldest son, Pete, (Rio Veradonir in the networking websites) got married last Saturday at the Nunan Estate in Jacksonville, OR, and I had family from all over the country in town for the festivities.

He and his wife, Talia, are now on their Honeymoon, and my youngest son, Bob, and I are moving out of the house in Ashland and into an apartment for him in Talent, OR. By the middle of July I expect to be moving back to Palm Springs, CA with Reciprocal Golf and Probe Golf opening offices there once again.

What has been happening in the world of golf? I see that Bubba Watson won his first PGA event after winning a playoff with Corey Pavin and Scott Verplank, after the leaders at the start of the day, Justin Rose and Ben Curtis, choked their way down the back nine. Congratulations, Bubba!

I read where Donald Trump's development company has been given the go-ahead to build what he claims will be "the world's greatest golf course" in the north-east part of Scotland. Trump called the land where he will build the course "the finest piece of land I have ever seen" in a recent news release.

The course is scheduled to be completed in 2012, and Trump stated he hopes to host the British Open there in the future. This year's British Open is being played at the "home of golf" in St. Andrews in about two weeks, and will be the 150th anniversary of the Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment