Thursday, June 3, 2010

Who will win the Memorial this week?

After all the discussion about Phil Mickelson over the last week, and what kind of a lawyer represents Phil in his equipment contracts, I want to turn to this week's Memorial Tournament, and who is favored to win.

I mentioned earlier that the media favors Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, but I don't have a very favorable opinion of the golf media. When I hear some of the questions they ask the tour players in the media tent, I wonder of any of them even play golf! Very few of them seem to have an inkling of common sense when it comes to their understanding of the mental aspect of the game.

As far as the Memorial's ultimate winner on Sunday is concerned, Mickelson took most of the skins in yesterday's Memorial Skins Game. Since I am no longer a Phil Mickelson fan after I learned last week what kind of lawyer represents Phil, I was not pleased to see Phil score so well in the skins game. What I did not see yesterday was a good round of putting by Phil, because he knocked the flag down all day, and had three-foot putts for eagle and birdie, or he blasted out of a sand trap and holed the shot for birdie! In other words, he didn't have to putt well yesterday.

I have not had the time this week to research how the course is playing, so today's first round should give us all some kind of idea as to how much putting will determine the ultimate winner.

I want to thank all of the golf fans who emailed me the last few days with their opinions about the golf equipment companies, and how they have taken a healthy competitive industry and corrupted it the last fifteen years.

You all know my opinion after the last few blogs. I love a good fight, and all of the discussion about Callaway and its dishonest lawyers has given me the inclination to reopen Probe Golf and to compete with the big equipment companies once again. It is my intention to show the world's golf fans how a better product can catch on with tour players as well as the general public when it is obviously superior in performance to the equipment that is mass-produced by the big companies. I am looking forward to proving that the big companies can only sell their product by trying to trick the public into thinking tour stars use their equipment because it is the best, when I know they buy off tour players to play their equipment!

Look forward to seeing Probe's new PROBE 20/10 inverted-shafted putter on the market, for a guaranteed pure pendulum stroke (no more yips!). In addition, its center-shafted head will allow the player to make each short side-hill putt break as he wants it to break instead of guessing how it will break. The new 20/10 will be slightly wider than the original 20/20 to make it easier to line up than the 20/20, eliminating the only negative comment we ever heard from 20/20 owners!

Enjoy the first round of the Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment