Saturday, May 15, 2010

HOW TO BUY A SET OF GOLF CLUBS

About a week ago I discussed what we used to make at PROBE GOLF in the way of custom fit irons to improve the iron shots of any and all individual customers. Since that blog my associates and I have discussed reopening Probe Golf's custom-fit iron program. We approved reopening that portion of the company on Friday night, May 14, 2010.

We also approved manufacturing the new PROBE 20/10 inverted-shafted putter, similar to but superior to our previous PROBE 20/20. I believe, and have been told by thousands of our customers, that the PROBE 20/20 is the best performing golf putter ever made!

My blog yesterday discussed what the 20/20 could do for golfers that no other putter in the world can match.

Today I'd like to discuss what makes up a great performing custom-fit iron set. Please read my previous blog about why the choice of a specific steel shaft in your irons can make all the difference in your ability to score low.

At PROBE GOLF, the first thing we did when a customer wanted a buy a better performing set of irons was to have the customer fill out our Custom Fitting Questionnaire.

Let's say that you are our customer, and you fill out our questionnaire. This is your information:

1. Your name is "TOM", and you are 6'2" tall, and weigh 220 pounds, and are right-handed.

2. You are playing a standard set of Nike Golf Slingshot 4D irons, 5 iron through PW, Regular.

3. Your comments state you are hitting your shots very high when you make good contact, and erratically to the left and to the right of target, and every once in a while you top your shots.

4. You play to a 22 - handicap.

5. Under GOALS, you indicate you want to hit your irons more consistently straight, and lower than you hit your Nikes.

After reading what I wrote last week about custom-fitting irons, you tell me what we should make for "Tom".

Please make your suggestions in "Comments". I will reply to your suggestions in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment