Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tiger Injured?

OK. I would like your opinion.

1) Who thinks Tiger Woods could have finished his final round at The Players Sunday if he really wanted to finish, instead of withdrawing after six or seven holes? Did he take the attitude, "I'm not contending, so why take a chance on hurting myself.?

2) Who thinks he quit because his neck really was hurting, and he physically could not finish?

One or two?

To set the stage for those who did not watch the finish to The Players Championship on Sunday:

A. Lee Westwood led going into the final round, and I predicted that he would not finish as the winner. He did not win.

B. The odds makers gave Tiger a 7/1 chance of winning the day before the tournament started; I gave Tiger a 25/1 chance of winning, since Wednesday. He dropped out on Sunday, did not finish, and (obviously) did not win.

Tiger quit playing on the front nine on Sunday, had not played well all week, and withdrew.

Before I say any more, I would like to hear your opinion. Please reply with #1 or #2, then add your comments if you like.

We'll continue this discussion tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I think it was #1. I'm not saying Tiger lied, just that he ultimately pulled out due to his poor performance. He exaggerated, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Tiger will never win another major tournament for the rest of his career. To many issues and demons inside his head. Once the confidence goes all is done. Look what happened to David Duvall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiger pulled out, well I guess is used to that these days (LOL) - ok back to his golf game; Tiger was on top of his game when things were going his way, now that his personal life if up in shambles and people are saying things about him, he is worried about his image, and well he still thinks he is No. 1 and like he said at the Masters - He thought his game was off and he was in the top 5 which is odd as he was playing well, but I am sure we will forgive and forget soon enough. Look at Koby Bryant, he raped a girl while being married, but now he is back in the eyes of the many as a superstar.

    Tiger I am sure will be back, but we really should not let him come back into our hearts, if ever any time soon. He is a sore Loser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rio, I agree! Tiger exaggerated a possible injury because he did not like playing poorly.

    Sideswiped, I agree Tiger will not play well again until he can get his confidence back in himself and in his opinion about the viewers, and what they think of him. It may take years, but I think he will eventually win more majors, but catch Jack's 18 majors? I don't know about that.

    Anonymous, very well said! Probably all true.

    ReplyDelete