Monday, May 17, 2010

Is it just me, or does the PGA Tour seem to be getting more and more boring these days? I have to admit that I don't watch every professional golf tournament like I used to.

Tiger has his mental distractions, and we don't know when we will see him play again. Phil picks and chooses his events, mostly majors, and Steve Stricker is out with injuries.

I didn't even watch half an hour's worth of professional golf this past week. Sunday night I couldn't even search the internet quickly to find out who won the Valero Texas Open! Do I have to wait for the next major, the United States Open in June, to see some name players again?

I guess Adam Scott won the Texas Open Sunday, shooting a combined 11-under 133 in a 36-hole finale Sunday to beat Fredrik Jacobson by a stroke.

Ernie Els, Aaron Baddeley and Jimmy Walker tied for third at 12 under.

Jimmy Walker? Isn't he a comedian?

Tim Petrovic and someone named Garth Mulroy were 11 under.

I guess I'll have to spend more time watching the Champions Tour from now on! At least I should recognize most of their names.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to disagree with you Pete, But actually I find the tour even more interesting without Tiger. You just don't know who the winner will be. Just like it's suppose to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anonymous. The Tour is more exciting now that it's no longer Tiger's one man show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous - That's a valid point! I guess I just miss watching the risk-takers, because that's how I always played the game. "Phil the Thrill" makes it more interesting for me.

    Rio,same valid point! Do you play golf?

    ReplyDelete