Friday, May 28, 2010

Phil Mickelson Fans! Want Phil to putt better?

Do you believe PGA Tour stars play the best equipment they can play? Or do you believe they play what their agents tell them to play, because their agents and the player are paid a lot of money to play a certain manufacturer's equipment?

The latter is true, unfortunately. When I was making PROBE golf equipment, I convinced hundreds of tour stars that my PROBE drivers, irons, or putter were better than what they were playing, but then they would ask, "What will you pay me to play it?"

Are PGA Tour players just prostitutes for the major golf equipment manufacturers? Unfortunately, yes, they are!

For example, are you a Phil Mickelson fan? If Phil could make twice as many putts inside five feet, is there any question he would be the world's Number One player? How many times have we watched Phil stroke a slippery five footer? Then he lips it out and it goes five feet past the hole, right? I remember watching him five putt from four feet once. Remember that?

I retired from making PROBE golf equipment in 1996. I had some PROBE 20/20 putters in inventory (storage) for another six or seven years, so I sold them all over the internet the next few years to former PROBE putter customers who had owned a PROBE 20/20, and wanted to find another one.

Last night I had an image in my mind of Phil passing Tiger by a bunch of points by becoming a much better putter by using my PROBE 20/20. Phil moved so far ahead of Tiger in points that Tiger would never catch up, and play the rest of his life as the Number two or three player in the world!

I got so excited about the possibility that I got online and typed in "how to contact Phil Mickelson" at a search engine. I was taken to a website, so I sent Phil a message about his putting. Three hours later I received an email from Phil's agent/friend, T.R. Reinman.

"T.R." thanked me for the message, and "promised" he would ask Phil if he'd give the PROBE 20/20 putter a try. I felt encouraged, so I replied back to "T.R.", asking if he could tell me what length putter Phil preferred, so I could make up a demo for Phil.

Then the honesty finally came out. T.R. replied that Phil is signed with Callaway, so he can only play Callaway clubs in his bag.

I love the game of golf because it teaches us honesty and integrity. Why then is the golf equipment industry so dishonest? Why do they lie to us when they tell us their driver, or their putter, is the best product around, and then we find out that money is the reason people play their equipment? Would you play a Callaway putter if Callaway paid you $5 million a year to play it? Of course you would!

Does anyone know who this "T.R." Reinman is, really? I researched him online, and I can't even find out what the T.R. stands for. What is he hiding?

Phil, who is T.R.? Your best friend? Your agent? What percentage of your annual Callaway income does he get?

Phil, if you want to be the Number One player in the world, email me at contact@reciprocalgolf.com. My golf service company, Reciprocal Golf, owns PROBE Golf, and I will make you a better putter, by far.

But I won't pay you to play it. You will play it because it will give you much more than just more money. After all, how many private jets do you need? But being the Number One player in the world! - Priceless!

2 comments:

  1. You should try the same with Tiger. See if he gives up his Scotty putter. Tiger chooses to play Scotty despite being with Nike (actually demanded it in his contract) so not everyone is pimped by the golf industries billions, but 99.9% are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - I didn't know that Nike let Tiger get away with using a Scotty putter! Tiger actually tried my PROBE 20/20 when he was 16. Please see my blog today (if I can load the pictures! Having trouble). Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete